The ecoActive School Program
Is your school eco-Active?
If you say yes to one or more of these then your school is ecoActive and you qualify to be in the ecoActive School Program – at no cost!
- Does your school teach students about the importance of a clean environment?
- Do your teachers and students participate in environmental clean-up programs?
- Does your school have a recycling program?
- Does your school have a composting program?
- Does your school plant trees or is it involved in other habitat restoration
- and/or beautification programs?
- Does your school have a ‘litter-less’ lunch program?
Why be recognized as an eco–Active School?
Make a difference! Enable your students to become role models in your community by showing your school “pitches-in” and cares about the environment.
ecoActive schools share ideas and success stories with other ecoActive schools on the web – www.pitch-in.ca!
Canada’s media support activities undertaken by Canada’s youth to promote a clean environment. Your example will be a visible reminder to others in your community that everyone can and should look after protecting our environment.
SHOW CIVIC PRIDE
Your community’s elected leaders will be impressed by your actions aimed at improving your community. Your school will be listed on our website.
What do ecoActive schools receive?
- Your school will be listed on a special section of the PITCH-IN CANADA national website
- Your school’s website will be linked to the PITCH-IN CANADA website (where applicable)
- Your school will receive a special certificate recognizing your designation as an ecoActive school
- Your school is allowed to fly the official ecoActive school flag (flag can be purchased at minimal cost)
- You will be able to exchange ideas and post success stories on PITCH-IN CANADA’s website
- You will have access to free educational materials on PITCH-IN CANADA’s website